The time input type is used to specify the particular time by the user. It displays the time with hour and minutes without setting any time zone for it. It is an 12 hour format, so the user also have to set AM or PM while setting the time. The time type is used in <input> tag.
Syntax of time Input Type
<input type= "time">
The time input type is supported by google chrome, safari and opera.
HTML5 time Input Type Example
<!DOCTYPE html> <head> <title>Time Input</title> </head> <body> <form> Project Submission time :<input type="time"> </form> </body> </html>
- In the above we have shown how time type is used in the program.
- Here we are setting time by using time type in input tag. It Specifies only hour and minute along with
AM or PM.
- <input type=”time”> is the tag used for the time type.
HTML5 Time Demo
- Save the file as time_example.html in your system.
- Just open the file in the browser, you will see the below picture in the browser.
Note that the browser must support HTML5 specification.
When the execution process is completed successfully we will get the following output:
We have to set hour, minutes and AM or PM while setting the time as it is an 12 hour format.