NetBeans IDE 7.0
NetBeans™ IDE 7.0 introduces language support for coding to the proposed Java SE 7 specification with the JDK 7 developer preview. Developers can now take advantage of the new language features from Project Coin /JSR 334, with editor support for code completion, hints, and in specific cases converting existing Java SE 6 based code to use the new Java SE 7 based syntax.
The release also provides enhanced integration with the Oracle WebLogic server as well as support for Oracle Database and GlassFish 3.1. The Oracle WebLogic server integration enhancements include fast turnaround when redeploying applications; deploy on save; datasource management; server library configuration; the ability to explore deployed applications and resources, and to view server logs and the admin console from within the IDE.
Additional highlights include Maven 3 and HTML5 editing support; a new GridBagLayout designer for improved Swing GUI development; enhancements to the Java editor, and more.
NetBeans IDE 7.0 is available in English, Brazilian Portuguese, Japanese, Russian, and Simplified Chinese.
- Project Coin support
- Editor enhancements: Code completion, hints
- Streamlined and faster deployment to WebLogic
- New server runtime node displaying deployed applications and resources
- Simplified connection wizard
- Guided installation to JDBC driver
- GlassFish 3.1 support
- Domain restart and log viewer for remote GlassFish
- Maven 3 support
- JUnit 4.8.2 integration and various JUnit improvements
- New improved visual customizer for GridBagLayout
- Improved support for CDI, REST services and Java Persistence
- Improved editing for Expression Language in JSF, including code completion, refactoring and hints
- HTML5 editing support
- JSON formatter
- Generate PhpDoc
- Rename refactoring, Safe Delete Refactoring
- Easy import of project from user’s existing binary
- New Project type where user’s source files are located on remote system
- Annotations for generating Action registrations in the layer
- Performance enhancements & tight integration with Profiler
- Word wrap in Editor
- Enhanced Profiler integration