- 1User Sends request: User sends a request to the server for some resource.
- FilterDispatcher determines the appropriate action: The FilterDispatcher looks at the request and then determines the appropriate Action.
- Interceptors are applied: Interceptors configured for applying the common functionalities such as workflow, validation, file upload etc. are automatically applied to the request.
- Execution of Action: Then the action method is executed to perform the database related operations like storing or retrieving data from the database.
- Output rendering: Then the Result renders the output.
- Return of Request: Then the request returns through the interceptors in the reverse order. The returning request allows us to perform the clean-up or additional processing.
- Display the result to user: Finally the control is returned to the servlet container, which sends the output to the user browser.