Spring Data Couchbase 1.0 GA released and announced by the Spring IO team. The Spring Data Couchbase project is a part of the Spring Data project and provides the spring programming model for new data stores while retaining store-specific features and capabilities. The goal of the Spring Data project is to provide the spring programming model for the application which uses the latest data driven technologies like non-relational, big data, etc.
The Spring Data Couchbase project provides integration with the Couchbase Server database. There have been changes and improvements that led to the GA release of the project. Notable additions are the support for custom converters, JSR-303 Validation support and built-in support for temporal objects like Dates, Calendars and similar JodaTime variants. Also team announced that this project will be soon integrated to other Spring projects Spring Boot, Spring XD.
The artifacts for maven are available for the download.
<dependency> <groupId>org.springframework.data</groupId> <artifactId>spring-data-couchbase</artifactId> <version>1.0.0.RELEASE</version> </dependency>
If you want to try the snapshot versions of the major upcoming releases, please use the below artifacts instead:
<dependency> <groupId>org.springframework.data</groupId> <artifactId>spring-data-couchbase</artifactId> <version>1.1.0.BUILD-SNAPSHOT</version> </dependency> <repository> <id>spring-libs-snapshot</id> <name>Spring Snapshot Repository</name> <url>http://repo.spring.io/libs-snapshot</url> </repository>
New Features in Spring Data Couchbase 1.0
- Spring configuration support using Java based @Configuration classes or an XML namespace for the Couchbase driver.
- CouchbaseTemplate helper class that increases productivity performing common Couchbase operations. Includes integrated object mapping between documents and POJOs.
- Exception translation into Spring’s portable Data Access Exception hierarchy.
- Feature Rich Object Mapping integrated with Spring’s Conversion Service.
- Annotation based mapping metadata but extensible to support other metadata formats.
- Automatic implementation of Repository interfaces including support for custom finder methods (backed by Couchbase Views).
- JMX administration and monitoring
- Transparent @Cacheable support to cache any objects you need for high performance access.
You can find more details about the project at : Spring Data Couchbase Project