The week input type is used to select the week and year by the user. The week type concept consist week-year number and week number representing a seven days of the week. It only specifies the week number and the particular year.The week type is used in <input> tag.
Syntax of week Input Type
<input type= "week">
The week input type is supported by google chrome, safari and opera.
HTML5 week Input Type Example
<!DOCTYPE html> <head> <title>Week Input</title> </head> <body> <form> Project Submission week:<input type="week"> </form> </body> </html>
- In the above example we have shown how week input type is been used in the program.
- Here we are setting a week consisting week-year number and week number using a week type in input tag.
- <input type=”week”> is the tag used for week type.
HTML5 Week Demo
- Save the file as week_example.html in your system.
- Just open the file in the browser, you will see the below picture in the browser.
Note that the browser must support HTML5 specification.
When the execution process is completed successfully we will get the following output: