- The above program is used to calculate the days of difference between two dates .
- we have set two dates to two variables in the program var d1 = new Date(“12/12/2011”); and
var d2 = new Date(“12/12/2014”); and then we have calculated the difference of days between
these two dates.
- var timeDiff = d2.getTime() – d1.getTime(); is used to calculate the time difference
of the date.
- var DaysDiff = timeDiff / (1000 * 3600 * 24); is used to calculate the difference
between the two days by dividing the time difference value with (1000 * 3600 * 24) i.e.
1000 millisecond , 3600 minutes and 24 hours.
- document.write(“Days of difference is:” +DaysDiff); is used to display the days.
- Save the file as date_diff.html in your system.
- Just open the file in the browser, you will see the below picture in the browser. Note that the browser must support HTML specification.