Bootstrap is Sleek, intuitive, and powerful mobile first front-end framework for faster and easier web development.
- Mobile Support: Bootstrap provides first class support for the mobile devices. From Bootstrap 3, the framework consists of Mobile first styles throughout the entire library instead of in separate files. This also supports the responsive design. Responsive design means adjusting the CSS based on the different types of device, size of the screen, etc. This reduces the extra effort for developers for building separate logic for each type of devices.
- Easy to learn: It is easy to learn. If you know HTML and CSS, it is very simple to write your applications. Just following the official documentation, you can build applications.
- Browser Support: It is obvious that every UI framework comes with the out of the box support for multiple browser. Bootstrap also does the same. It supports all the popular browsers like Chrome, Firefox, Opera, Safari, IE.
Bootstrap is modular and contains list of LESS stylesheets. Since version 2.0, the configuration of Bootstrap also has a special “Customize” option in the documentation. The following are the list of components you will get as part of the Bootstrap framework.
- CSS: It comes with plenty of CSS files.
- Scaffolding: Bootstrap provides a basic structure with Grid System, link styles, background.
- Layout Components: List of layout components
- Customize: You can customize your components to get your own version of framework.